Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sorry for obsessing

Manifesto

I've been ignoring and ignoring this, but it is just too much. CNN has again been obsessed with another missing pretty white girl. I feel nothing but sadness for her family's loss, but there is really no justification for this being a headline. This happened in Aruba, which negates any "showing her picture might lead to her discovery faster" excuse. So what is it CNN, what's the story here? Oh, right, as Kevin Drum and Monocle point out
cable news employee who was willing to state the obvious on an anonymous basis, "We showcase missing, young, white, attractive women because our research shows we get more viewers. It's about beating the competition and ad dollars."
I would comment but Sergio asked me to keep this a family blog. Plus, I've been so busy at work I haven't been able to read MSNBC's groundbreaking coverage of the Jackson verdict, his career prospects, and his possible move to Europe.

Here you go CNN, since it is your goal to become the new America's Most Wanted. Why don't you help the FBI find all of these poor people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home