Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sergio's Movie Preview: June

UNIVERSAL REMOTE

In a new feature, Sergio does the work for you and decides which movies are worth a trip the multiplex.

MUST-SEE MOVIES OF THE MONTH

Cars

Pixar is six for six. Nobody in Hollywood goes six for six. I mean, not ever. It's for this reason alone I'm a little worried for a letdown. But then again, how many times are you going to get to see Owen Wilson have the hots for Bonnie Hunt?
Trailer
(June 9)

Superman Returns
X2 was the best superhero movie since Richard Donner's original Superman. Bryan Singer clearly has the chops for these kinds of movies. Especially interested in seeing Spacey's take on Luthor. I've missed Spacey the last few years. And the music is awesome.
Trailer
(June 30)

I'LL BUY THE POPCORN

The Break-Up
Vince Vaughn has always been a cinematic idol of mine. The word isn't so great on this one, so we'll see.
Trailer
(June 2)

A Prairie Home Companion
I know nothing about Garrison Keillor but with this cast (Kevin Kline, Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrelson, Maya Rudolph, Lindsay Lohan, Lily Tomlin, John C. Reilly, Virginia Madsen, etc.) and this director (the legendary Robert Altman), I'm definitely going to be getting an education. I hope it's funny.
Trailer
(June 9)

Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man
Documentary about the legendary Zen baritone and ladies man. Anyone who's heard "Everyone Knows" and not been awed by the genius of the lyrics needs to get their head examined.
Trailer
(June 21)

MAY WAIT FOR NETFLIX

Nacho Libre
Jack Black wrestling shirtless with a Mexican accent sounds hilarious. Then why am I not more excited?
Trailer
(June 16)

The Devil Wears Prada
I'm into this only because Meryl Streep looks deliciously evil as the Boss From Hell. Plus, the wife is into it, so I might as well accept the fact that I'm going to see it.
Trailer

(June 30)


NO F%$KING WAY

Click
One of the most painful trailers I've ever seen.
Trailer
(June 23)

The Lake House
Keanu and Sandra reunite! Kill me now.
Trailer
(June 16)

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
I never saw the other ones so I'd probably be lost.
Trailer
(June 16)

WORST OF THE WORST

The Omen
Hackteur John Moore had the nerve to use real-life footage of 9/11 to make his crappy remake seem "relevent." Repugnant.
Trailer
(June 6)

2 Comments:

Blogger Yossarian said...

Grammar has always been my worst subject. The offending sentence has been revised.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger RC said...

this is a fun list...at the beginning of the summer i did my vomit enducing movie list and it looks like we have some similar thoughts...

i'm just not too excited about the Break-up...when movies have super heavy advertisitng like this you know they're hoping to con enough people into seeing it the 1st weekend, b/c it's going to drop hard by the 2nd weekend.

no word of mouth there.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home