Monday, January 08, 2007

Query

Sporting Goods

Why should I care about a national championship game where:

(a) one team hasn't played a football game in over 50 days;

(b) the game is taking place more than a week after New Year's day and a day after a long weekend of playoff football, and long after I stopped caring about bowl games; and

(c) the game is broadcast on a network that hardly covers college football during the regular season, which means announcers whose analysis of particular players sounds like they are reading from a press guide. It wasn't enough that I had to listen to Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long (who was actually decent) for the 20 minutes that I could stand watching the Notre Dame debacle, now I have to feel like I'm watching the Little League World Series? Seriously, before the end of the night I expect to know that Troy Smith's favorite food is hot dogs and his favorite movie is Gridiron Gang.

Somebody please wake me up when spring training starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home